San Diego Job Fair
San Diego, CA 92101
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown
The Job Fair will take place in the Seaport Ballroom B.
Parking is discounted $8.
- What makes a JobFairX event different?
- Are the employers actually hiring?
- Why don't all employers accept paper résumés?
- What if the employers are in industries that don't interest me?
- What time should I arrive?
What makes a JobFairX event different?
A JobFairX event connects entry-level to mid-career candidates with dozens of top companies. These events are free for attendees. Our events are organized in a rapid-interview style to ensure every candidate has the opportunity to talk to their company of choice.
Are the employers actually hiring?
Yes, and they have a number of different positions. As a result, their recruiters interact with job seekers in a variety of ways.
- Some recruiters have job openings that they need to fill immediately.
- Other recruiters are looking for hard-working individuals to apply for jobs that are almost always open. That kind of recruiter might ask for a paper résumé and/or give you a business card and ask you to call.
- Some recruiters have positions that are not available right now, but will be opening up soon. These employers want to identify candidates and get them in the pipeline now so they can fill those positions as soon as possible when they receive hiring approval.
Why don’t all employers accept paper résumés?
A federal regulation called the OFCCP Internet Applicant Rule tells certain government contractors how to gather and retain job applications via the Internet. Because of the Rule, many contractors require that applicants use their online systems and not submit paper résumés.
- OFCCP is the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, an agency of the United States Department of Labor’s Employment Standards Administration.
- The OFCCP enforces laws prohibiting employment discrimination by federal contractors.
- Some employers that are not bound by the Rule do not accept paper résumés simply because they have put their entire application process on the Internet. One great advantage to applicants is that large employers can easily route the online résumés of desirable applicants to the appropriate divisions, offices, plants, etc.
What if the employers are in industries that don’t interest me?
An employer’s primary industry or company name does not necessarily indicate what openings the company is trying to fill.
- A drugstore chain may be recruiting for positions in transportation and distribution.
- A brewery may be recruiting for jobs in information technology.
What time should I arrive?
All of our events begin promptly at 11:00 AM and run through 2:00 PM Feel free to try and arrive a little early to get near the front of the registration line, or you can choose to arrive a few hours after the event starts and avoid the crowd.